The sad story of the breakup of N85U during attempted salvage in Florida whilst being used during filming for an upcoming WWII movie.
About Mike Pinder
Mike Pinder has always had a passion for aircraft since an early age. He joined The Catalina Society back in 2005, taking over all aspects digital. He's a glider pilot in the Netherlands and comes from a design, business and innovation background. Mike is happy contributing his skills to continue the great heritage of the PBY Catalina.
- Live GPS Tracker for Miss Pick Up 9th June 2021
- World Catalina News – May 2021 25th May 2021
- Commemorative Photobook Catalina Down Loch Ness Rescue 11th March 2021
- Great Planes: Catalina PBY Documentary 23rd February 2021
- The War Boats: Flying Boats Series, Episode 3 (2012) 19th February 2021
- G-PBYA Catalina Guided Tour from 2013 13th February 2021
Catalina Society NewsletterStay up to date with the latest Catalina news direct to your mailbox!
3d 2017 2019 2020 2021 aviation C-FUAW canso a n9767 cat catalina cockpit consolidated docu documentary duxford help january june loch loch ness miss pickup museum n24vp n249sb N315KM n324fa n7179y N9505C n9767 ness news november panorama pby pby-5a N84857 pby-5a ph-pby rescue scotland shareholder supporters thank world world war 2 wwii you