The sad story of the breakup of N85U during attempted salvage in Florida whilst being used during filming for an upcoming WWII movie.
About Mike Pinder
Mike has always had a passion for aircraft since an early age. He joined The Catalina Society back in 2005, taking over all aspects digital. He's a glider pilot over in the Netherlands and he comes from a design, business and innovation background. Mike is happy contributing his skills to continue the great heritage of the PBY Catalina.
- World Catalina News – November 2021 23rd November 2021
- Live GPS Tracker for Miss Pick Up 9th June 2021
- World Catalina News – May 2021 25th May 2021
- Commemorative Photobook Catalina Down Loch Ness Rescue 11th March 2021
- Great Planes: Catalina PBY Documentary 23rd February 2021
- The War Boats: Flying Boats Series, Episode 3 (2012) 19th February 2021
Catalina Society NewsletterStay up to date with the latest Catalina news direct to your mailbox!
3d 2017 2019 2020 2021 aviation C-FUAW canso a n9767 cat catalina cockpit consolidated docu documentary duxford january june loch loch ness miss pickup museum n24vp n249sb N315KM n324fa n7179y N9505C n9767 N68756 ness news november panorama pby pby-5a N84857 pby-5a ph-pby scotland shareholder supporters VH-PBZ VH-SBV world world war 2 wwii ZK-PBY