- To keep a Catalina flying boat airworthy at Duxford for the foreseeable future.
- To help “the golden era of aviation” remain alive today.
- To remind everyone of the service given by the Catalina and her crews in former years.
- To inspire the younger generations with the wonders of aviation in general and the remarkable achievements of the Catalina in particular.
- To display the Catalina on the ground and in flight, to a wide audience.
- To allow individuals to fly in the Catalina, whenever possible.